How to Setup Linksys RE6500 Range Extender with TP-Link Router?
In this article, we will explain to you the simplest method to set up the Linksys Re6500 extender with the TP-Link router. Please carefully read the instructions to set up your extender successfully.
Basic Requirements to Setup your Linksys RE6500 extender with the Tp-Link router
- Tp-Link Router’s WiFi Name
- Tp-Link Router Wireless Password
- Tp-Link Router IP address (192.168.0.1)
- Linksys Extender Default Password (192.168.1.1)
- WPS button if available on your router.
Now let’s talk about the Initial Setup of Linksys Extender
- Unbox the Linksys Extender and take out all the equipment from the box.
- Attach the High-Power antennas with the Linksys RE6500 extender carefully.
- Plug in your Linksys Extender RE6500 to the power source.
- Wait for the power LED on the extender to be solid green.
- Once the power LED is stable green, you’re ready to setup your extender now.
There are two easy methods available for Linksys extender setup so, you can choose the setup method according to your convenience. You can use the WPS setup method if you’ve got the WPS button available on your Tp-Link router or any other brand of router. WPS method is time-saving and very easy to perform. Even a non-tech person can setup the Linksys RE6500 extender in five minutes via the WPS method. Follow the steps for extender.linksys.setup RE6500.
- Reboot your TP-Link router and the cable modem first.
- Plugin the Linksys Extender RE6500 to the power source and wait for the solid green power LED.
- Discover the WPS button on your router. Press and hold down the WPS button on your extender.
- Press the WPS button on your router and wait for the connectivity power LED to be solid blue on your extender.
- Congrats, Now you’ve successfully completed the process of the WPS setup method for Linksys extender.
Now you’ve connected the Linksys extender to the router. We will explain to you the easy steps to configure your extender so, you can customize the settings according to your needs.
- First of all, you need a desktop, laptop or tablet to set up your extender.
- Open a web browser like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox on your device.
- Enter extender.linksys.com web address in the URL bar of the browser or you can likewise use the IP address to get access for the Linksys extender setup portal.
- Enter the default login credentials for the Linksys RE6500 extender. The default username is admin and the password is also admin.
- Click on login and you’ll be redirected to the Linksys Extender Setup page.
- Now, you can choose the modes (Access point or Extender Mode) according to your needs.
- Extender.linksys.setup portal will scan your nearby wireless networks and display all the wireless networks.
- Select your existing wireless network from the list and enter the wireless password for your TP-Link router.
- Next, you can customize your Linksys RE6500 extender’s wireless name and password. You can use the different password for Linksys extender’s wireless network.
- Click on ‘Finish’ button to complete the setup of the extender. You can also upgrade the firmware of the Linksys extender RE6500 on extender.linksys.com page.
At any point, if you’re not able to setup your extender with the wireless or WPS method then you can try with the Ethernet connection. Connect your PC or laptop with the Linksys extender RE6500 via Ethernet cable. Go to network settings on your computer and check the status of the Ethernet connection. Note down the IPv4 address from the status window and type the IP address in the address bar of the browser and press enter. You’ll be redirected to the extender.linksys.com RE6500 page and follow the same instructions to setup your extender as we explained above.