How to Setup Linksys Range Extender RE7000 with Netgear Nighthawk R6800 router?
Extender.linksys.com is an offline URL to set up your Linksys Wi-Fi range extender or you can connect to the online setup portal using the IP 192.168.1.1. Sometimes you might not get access to the Linksys range extender setup, because your device is not connected with a Linksys extender’s network.
First of all, recognize the LED indicators on Linksys Extender RE7000 before setup
- Power LED: Power LED Indicates when the Extender is powered up. The LED will lit green.
- 4GHz LED: Blinking fast when an Internet data packet is transmitted or received.
- 5GHz: Blinking fast when an Internet data packet is transmitted or received.
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup): Hardware button to connect easily with a router.
- Internet LED: Indicates when your extender is connected to the internet.
Most of the Netgear routers have the WPS hardware button on the router itself to connect any of your new gadgets with ease. You can connect your Linksys range extender re7000 with the WPS method to your Netgear R6800 router within just a minute. Follow the steps to perform the WPS method on Linksys extender.
- Plug into the electrical socket and power on your Linksys extender.
- Wait for the power LED to turn solid green on the RE7000 extender.
- Press and hold down the WPS button on the Netgear router and within 5 seconds press the WPS button on the Linksys extender too.
- The WPS LED will rapidly blink on both of your devices. It’s normal so, patiently wait for the solid LED.
- Now your extender is connected to the Netgear R6800 router and you can now begin the configuration process for your Linksys Wi-Fi Range Extender RE7000.
Configure your Linksys Range Extender RE7000
You’ve already performed the WPS method to connect your extender with the home router. Now, you need to configure your extender to customize the SSID and the password from any tablet or PC. Follow the steps below.
- Launch any Web browser on your PC or tablet. Type extender.linksys.com in the URL bar of the browser and press enter key.
- Choose the mode as you want your Linksys extender to act as Extender Mode or Access Point mode.
- Checkmark the box of user terms and conditions agreement. The Linksys extender will scan the nearby wireless networks.
- Choose the wireless network name of your home router that you wish to extend. Thereafter, enter the wireless password in the prompted box.
- Next, you need to create the SSID (network name) and password for your Linksys range extender RE7000 as per your requirements. Click on next.
- Go to the wireless connection manager on your device and connect your device to the customized SSID of the extender by typing the new wireless security key.
- Click on the continue button on the extender.linksys.com web page. Tap on finish and now your extender is configured with the Netgear router.
- Now you’re ready to use your Linksys extender re7000 and find a good spot for your extender to eliminate dead zones in your home.
Why you need a Linksys Wireless Range Extender RE7000?
Linksys Wi-Fi range extender re7000 is essentially required for huge workplaces or homes, where you constantly struggling to get the wireless signals in every part of your home or office. Receiving the wireless signals in every room of the home or office is almost impossible with any brand of router. For stable Wi-Fi signals in every part of your home or office, you should place your home router in the center of your home or office. In the event that your structure arrangement doesn’t bolster such conditions of your router or even the center zone isn’t helping you get Wi-Fi signals properly. As a result, you might face Wi-Fi dead zones or signal drop in your home or workplace.
The technology behind why the Linksys wireless extender RE7000 requires is that you can utilize it as a signal booster for your primary router’s wireless signals. Linksys extender RE7000 MU-MIMO technology solves the matter of network signal congestion directly, it additionally strengthens the network capability and wireless security indirectly, So all members of the home or office will access the internet anytime, anyplace simultaneously.
The web portal of Linksys range extender can be used to monitor, control and manage the settings of the extended network. The default login credentials are also mentioned on the extender’s manufacturer label. You can configure all the Linksys extender once you login to the web portal. To access extender.linksys.com login page follow these steps
- Connect your device to the Linksys extender’s network.
- Open any web browser
- Open extender.linksys.com
- Enter the authenticated login credentials, the defaults are the admin for both username & password.
Upgrade the Firmware of Linksys RE7000
- Download the most recent firmware file from the official Linksys website.
- Connect your gadget to the Linksys_EXT network.
- Launch any browser and open extender.linksys.com.
- Open the advanced settings tab.
- Choose the firmware update option.
- Select the firmware file you already downloaded.
- Click upgrade and the linksys extender firmware will upgrade.
- The Firmware upgrade process might take 3-5 minutes.
- The Linksys extender will automatically reboot after the upgrade. Do not restart the extender manually between the firmware upgrade process.